Potential Carambor Fix

All discussion of candidate rules for errata; open to non-members.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Re: Potential Carambor Fix

Post by Bandobras Took » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:15 am

Logain wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:49 pm
I warned ICE in 1998 about this combo, they banned it on the spot (french nationals 1998). Looks like players like Sauron made them change their mind afterwards.
Another problem with getting the rules to work are the number of traditions based on things ICE said that they never got around to actually writing down. :)
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

You probably aren't playing Fallen Wizards correctly.

Thorsten the Traveller
Council Member

Post by Thorsten the Traveller » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:18 pm

Logain wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:49 pm
I warned ICE in 1998 about this combo, they banned it on the spot (french nationals 1998).
Which incidently was also the last time it was seen in a tournament :lol:. But seriously, I've played couple GO's again the last years, and didn't see the deck come up. How much of a threat is it? It's not cool having a broken strategy, but if everybody just ignores it...

Otherwise, I got no problem with the 1x per turn fix, is fine. Option 2/3 I don't agree with.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.

Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Post by Bandobras Took » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:41 pm

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:18 pm
Logain wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:49 pm
I warned ICE in 1998 about this combo, they banned it on the spot (french nationals 1998).
Which incidently was also the last time it was seen in a tournament :lol:. But seriously, I've played couple GO's again the last years, and didn't see the deck come up. How much of a threat is it? It's not cool having a broken strategy, but if everybody just ignores it...

Otherwise, I got no problem with the 1x per turn fix, is fine. Option 2/3 I don't agree with.
I like preemptively fixing broken. If even one person is turned away from the game after playing against a deck in which they can do nothing, that's a loss we can ill afford.
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

You probably aren't playing Fallen Wizards correctly.

Logain
Council Member

Post by Logain » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:16 am

Agreed

Return to “Rules & Errata”