Servants of Morgoth have stirred from long sleep. Yet, their hunger for domination
has not been weaken by time. A balrog and three dragons have ambitions to rule
the North and seep southwards into new realms.
The Northern Waste Division minions will gather troops for war, protection or both.
Each of the four minion avatars has two or three dragon/drake factions
Here are the strategies.
Durlach is the least interested in faction wars. His Orcs are mainly there for MPs.
Ice-Drakes and Gondring are there to slow the Elves of Evermist.
Smaug too is not that interest in faction wars - yet. Ando-anca and Daelomin
guard his northern and western flanks. Enslaved Dwarves will not leave the site.
Lomaw has threefighting factions. This Ice-dragon will eventually move his
factions eastward during the Power decks. Alatar will try to stop him.
Lomaw's and Throkmaw's factions will battle if either threatens taking a slot
for the Power decks.
Throkmaw will gather four Orc factions. They are worth many MP from the play
of Orcs of His Dominions. Therefore, initiating battles will be discouraged.
16__Durlach---Ice-drakes of the Ered Úmarth
18__Durlach---Orcs of the Bleak Mountains
16__Lomaw---Wargs of the Tundra
20__Lomaw---Orcs of the Barl Syrnac
5__Thorkmaw---A Few Recruits
8__Thorkmaw---A Few Recruits
19__Thorkmaw---Orcs of the Claw
Three hero avatars from the Northern Waste Division have useful factions.
With the unlikely battling against minions during the Avatar decks, some
hero factions may move into Eriador supporting that group. As of now,
the minions in Eriador have 96 FN of faction strength and the heroes 64.
Four of Elves of Everminst factions plus Berninga moving south will
balance that comparison.
Alatar can move his lone faction, Berninga, three regions to Forochel
ready to fight on the next turn.
[thinking now to tap a faction after it moves 3 regions]
Elves of Evermist will keep the elf faction at Evermist to untap the Keeper of the House.
But Aerfaroth, Helechoth, Lossidil, and Lossoth can move south to Forochel ready
to pounce on minion factions. There may all stay in that region as a threat to Angmar.
However, I want though to move Lossidil with the group using its 9 FN.
Dain has two factions, Iron HIll Dwarves, and Ironfists. Dain will likely keep both out
of the fray. IHD can reach Lhugdalf and Talath Oiohelka to battle a weak orc faction.
Both factions can reach Harrhun if minion man factions gather there trying to reach Dorwinion in one move.
Ironfists can reach Nuriag, but it will not face a weaker man faction.
Thus, Dain will only fight if he is assured complete victory since he needs his factions to
use Strength from the Ered Engrin. Battles may be avoided until late when dragons are almost extinct.
3__Dain---Iron Hill Dwarves
22__Elves---Elves of Evermist
- The Council of Elrond
- ↳ Town Hall
- ↳ Rules & Errata
- ↳ CoE Issued Errata
- ↳ Annual Rules Vote - Submissions
- ↳ Council Business
- ↳ Active Agenda Items
- ↳ Completed Agenda Items
- ↳ Feedback, Site Suggestions & Bug Reports
- ↳ General Feedback
- ↳ New Report / Request
- ↳ Resolved Reports / Requests
- Gamer's Gauntlet
- ↳ Events & Gatherings
- ↳ GCCG
- ↳ Lure of MECCG
- ↳ Worlds
- ↳ Everything Else
- ↳ Rules Questions
- ↳ Decks, Strategy, Tips, Ideas
- ↳ Learning Resources
- ↳ GCCG
- Main Street
- ↳ The Marketplace
- ↳ Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes
- ↳ Global Players List
- ↳ The Ale House
- Alternate Game Formats
- ↳ Arda
- ↳ Dream Cards
- ↳ News, Issues, Questions
- ↳ Dreamcard Decks
- ↳ Files
- ↳ FATE
- ↳ Showcase
- ↳ Development
- ↳ Scenario Games
- ↳ Cool Play
- ↳ Dragon Hunt
- ↳ Hamburger Scenario
- ↳ White Mithril
- ↳ Solitaire Games
- National Communities
- ↳ Canadian MECCG Community
- ↳ Dutch MECCG Community
- ↳ Finnish MECCG Community
- ↳ French MECCG Community
- ↳ Présentez-vous (Introduce Yourself)
- ↳ Evénements et Tournois (Events and Tournaments)
- ↳ Règles, Aides de jeu, et Formats de jeu (Rules, Playing Aids and Game Formats)
- ↳ Règles (Rules)
- ↳ Aides de jeu (Playing Aids)
- ↳ Formats de jeu (Game Formats)
- ↳ Les cartes en Français (French cards)
- ↳ Le Jeu en Ligne avec GCCG (Playing Online with GCCG)
- ↳ Divers (General)
- ↳ German MECCG Community
- ↳ Italian MECCG Community
- ↳ USA MECCG Community
- The Archives
- ↳ The Archives
- ↳ Archived Forums
- ↳ Alternate Game Formats - Challenge Decks
- ↳ Intermediate Challenge Deck Showcase
- ↳ ICD Development
- ↳ Lost Challenge Decks
- ↳ Alternate Game Formats - Virtual Cards
- ↳ Showcase
- ↳ Development
- ↳ Bugs & Requests
- ↳ Council Business - Agenda Items
- ↳ Council Business - Worlds
- ↳ Worlds 2011 Discussion Forum
- ↳ Worlds 2008 Discussion Forum
- ↳ Worlds 2007 Discussion Forum
- ↳ Worlds 2006 Discussion Forum
- ↳ Newsletter - Preparation
- ↳ Newsletter - Showcase
- ↳ Rules and Rulings - NetRep Discussion Forum
- ↳ Rules and Rulings - NetRep's Corner
- ↳ Misc Topics - Council of Elrond section
- ↳ Misc Topics - Other sections