Freeze the flesh

The place to ask all rules questions related to MECCG.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Re: Freeze the flesh

Post by Konrad Klar » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Now try to construct a text that would reflect that intention.
I am unable. Once when body check fails the character card goes to out-of-play pile, or to MP pile. I do not see a time between to declare anything.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

dirhaval

Re: Freeze the flesh

Post by dirhaval » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:27 am

It has been debated how the dead character is no longer in the company. I see the logic in that. However, the dead character in a way is still in the company, but we can say in a spirited form. That is in the hazard limit. The base hazard limit is not modified because a character leaves or joins the company during the movement/hazard phase. Some then will extend this to assigning a strike to the dead character, but then does that character have a prowess? Creatures attack/assign strikes to characters, not companies. Companies face attacks. The magic card speaks of two companies: the current company and the Long-event Phase company. This is the logic I use to play the magic card.

I wish someday to see a Freeze the Fleshed character, who can use shadow-magic, play this magic card on the shadow-magic character that played the first Freeze the Flesh. That is on my kick-the-bucket list. :roll:

Return to “Rules Questions”