Univeral Rules Document

The place to ask all rules questions related to MECCG.
miguel

Re: Univeral Rules Document

Post by miguel » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:08 am

No problem Wolfgang, these things happen. :wink:

Wow Ben, you are a sick individual (in a good way). I could not examine digests/rulings for several hours in a row, I think my brain would fry. :lol:

Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Post by Bandobras Took » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:01 pm

The URD has now become a google doc to which the NetRep has been given full editorial access. The torch has been passed. The relay stick has been handed over. The night shift has gone home. The traffic cop has blown the whistle. The pasta fagioli has received its garlic and olive oil. :)

Here should be a nice read-only link. With Google Docs allowing download in a variety of formats, this should make it easier than ever to have an up-to-date copy of the rules!

P.S. If that link, for some reason, doesn't work, please let me know so I can edit this post and the first post in the thread in a hurry. :)
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

You probably aren't playing Fallen Wizards correctly.

Jose-san
Council Member

Post by Jose-san » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:21 pm

I miss some entries on page 29 -> D. Organization Phase

- Play a character
- Play stage resources

miguel

Post by miguel » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:21 am

Only thing I have done so far was correct a typo on first page... Perhaps the document needs to be taken off public distribution until I get a chance to go through it properly?

Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Post by Bandobras Took » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:13 pm

It hasn't done too much harm, so far as I know; so long as the flaws are eventually fixed and announced, I see no problem that is not present in a digest which garbles an answer (à la The Forge Master question :) ).
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

Aranarth

Post by Aranarth » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:51 pm

I like the doc in general but I'd like to see blank pages removed, and a functional table of contents with page numbers for the sections, and hyperlinked to those sections.

Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Post by Bandobras Took » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:24 am

The blanks had to do with an open office bug; now that it's a Google Doc, those should be rather easily editable.

Jose-san
Council Member

Post by Jose-san » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:24 am

Aranarth wrote:I like the doc in general but I'd like to see blank pages removed, and a functional table of contents with page numbers for the sections, and hyperlinked to those sections.
Yes, and general layout and readability can be improved as well. I'm willing to do that. Can I use word and submit the result to the NetRep?

Jose-san
Council Member

Post by Jose-san » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:48 am

Some (random) proofreading:

II. Glossary of Terms -> Character: The editor's note seem incomplete.

II. Glossary of Terms -> Company -> (c) for a fw player: the last bullet miss an "i", i.e., "(iii) overt"

miguel

Post by miguel » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:34 am

Jose-san wrote:Yes, and general layout and readability can be improved as well. I'm willing to do that. Can I use word and submit the result to the NetRep?
I'm grateful for your help, but IMO final polishing should be done after I have modified the content. Once I'm done, I will contact you regarding this. :)

Jose-san
Council Member

Post by Jose-san » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:58 am

miguel wrote:
Jose-san wrote:Yes, and general layout and readability can be improved as well. I'm willing to do that. Can I use word and submit the result to the NetRep?
I'm grateful for your help, but IMO final polishing should be done after I have modified the content. Once I'm done, I will contact you regarding this. :)
No problem. I'll keep on reviewing the document.

kober

Post by kober » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:03 pm

Bandobras Took wrote:With Google Docs allowing download in a variety of formats, this should make it easier than ever to have an up-to-date copy of the rules!
If a version number or last edit date was printed (on the first page, for example) it would be much easier to keep track of document changes.

toub

Post by toub » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:58 am

Hello,

I wanted to print the document for myself, and I was scared by the number of pages (and - call me pedantic if you want - the overall raw shape of the text). So being a bit crazy I took some time to wrap it up all over again, with (of course) only cosmetic changes to the text. It's now a 2-column, 74 pages odt document. Who should I address it for approval ?

Cheers !

zirilan

Post by zirilan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:53 pm

:D I always wanted to have such a document and not be pointed to some CRF stuff in a forum to crawl thought them myself.
I think it is Mikko who would approve such thing but I really wanna have that in my hands too =)
You can mail it to me and I can forward it to Mikkos email addy, not sure he wants his email posted in an open forum.
zirilan@gmx.net

Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Post by Bandobras Took » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:56 pm

The first post should contain a link for viewing the google doc. If it doesn't work, let me know.

Return to “Rules Questions”