Smoke Rings & Weigh All Things to a Nicety

Any rule erratum or clarification submission for the upcoming 2018 ARV should be posted here.
gkg

Re: Smoke Rings & Weigh All Things to a Nicety

Post by gkg » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:48 pm

I disagree with the stated status quo listed (maybe it is a US status quo?). Since MEWH came out, I always played this and saw it played according to option B (throughout Europe).

To me B is both correct and the status quo.

Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Post by Konrad Klar » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:58 pm

gkg wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:48 pm
I disagree with the stated status quo listed (maybe it is a US status quo?). Since MEWH came out, I always played this and saw it played according to option B (throughout Europe).

I second that.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

the Jabberwock
Council Chairman

Post by the Jabberwock » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:28 am

gkg wrote:

I don't believe this is specific to the USA, so far as I know. I believe Shapeshifter (and maybe Thorsten) said something about it, so perhaps they can shed more light on their perspective.

In any event, this wasn't given the label of a "Status Quo" ballot item, so even if the comment made in the Additional Comments section is inaccurate, Council Member votes will not be more heavily weighted for this ballot item.

Shapeshifter
Council Member

Post by Shapeshifter » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:28 pm

gkg wrote:

This surprises me. I don't really recall how those two cards were played back in the ICE days (1995-1998). What I can definitely say is, since I came back to the game in 2004, that I never saw anybody play it like suggested in option B. And I attended a lot of tournaments throughout Europe (including Worlds) since then - mostly I played FW myself.

Thorsten the Traveller
Council Member

Post by Thorsten the Traveller » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:23 pm

That is true, afaik option A (can't use Smoke Rings to pull minion resources/characters) is the current practice during larger tournaments.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.

gkg

Post by gkg » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:45 am

I certainly never stopped my opponent doing option B and never was stopped from doing option B. That being said, I am far from active tournament player last ~10 years.

Return to “2018 Annual Rules Vote - Submissions”