Open to the Summons

Any rule erratum or clarification submission for the upcoming 2018 ARV should be posted here.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Open to the Summons

Post by Konrad Klar » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:51 am

Open to the Summons wrote:Playable on a minion company. One agent minion may be played with target company at a Darkhaven [-me_dha-] -place this card with the agent. -1 to his mind to a minimum of 1. This card may be played with a starting company in lieu of a minor item. When played as such, reveal it when starting companies are determined as if it were a character. Cannot be duplicated on a given character.
CRF, Errata (Cards), Open to the Summons wrote:Card Erratum: Replace "minion company" with "company." Does not allow you to
start with a character that says he cannot be in the starting company.
The card does not allow to have an agent character in starting company, therefore its ability "When played as such, reveal it when starting companies are determined as if it were a character." is hardly useful.

I propose the following erratum:

Playable on a company. One agent character may be played with target company at a Darkhaven [-me_dha-] or in starting company -place this card with the agent. -1 to his mind to a minimum of 1. This card may be played with a starting company in lieu of a minor item. When played as such, reveal it when starting companies are determined as if it were a character. Cannot be duplicated on a given character.

(to avoid a possible confusion when used by Fallen Wizard player, a word "minion" has been replaced by "character")
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

dirhaval

Re: Open to the Summons

Post by dirhaval » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:35 am

I interpret "with a character that says he cannot be in a starting company" to be that phase is literally on the character card and not in the rules pertaining to agents as a whole.

The change you suggested will avoid ambiguity and does not make the interpretation worse.

Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Re: Open to the Summons

Post by Konrad Klar » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:11 am

dirhaval wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:35 am
I interpret "with a character that says he cannot be in a starting company" to be that phase is literally on the character card and not in the rules pertaining to agents as a whole.
I interpret it in the same way (although currently there are no agents with text that says he cannot be in the starting company).
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

Return to “2018 Annual Rules Vote - Submissions”