MECCG GCCG World Championships 2011 (Jan. 14-15/2012)

Events taking place on GCCG.
marcos
Posts: 2010
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:41 pm
Location: Córdoba, Argentina

MECCG GCCG World Championships 2011 (Jan. 14-15/2012)

Post by marcos » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:18 pm

MECCG GCCG World Championships December 09.-10.

MECCG GCCG WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS 2011

SCHEDULE

Saturday December 09th.

16:00 GMT Registration for Championships starts.
17:00 GMT First session of Championships.

Sunday December 10th

14:00 GMT Second session of Championships.

RULES

Normal general opponent 2-deck official tournament rules. Proxies allowed. Note that time limit is extended to 90 minutes instead of the normal CoL policy of 80 minutes, this is in compensation for those players who aren't used to the GCCG interface.

FORMAT

Standard Swiss Rounds based on the number of participants.
Distribution of rounds between days are voted during the first day.

PRIZES

One random Virtual Set 1 card for each round finished for every
player. In addition:

1st. One of each V1 cards, some sealed products given by Sauron, and a cool info line in your /whois.
2nd. 50 random V1 cards, some sealed products given by Sauron.
3rd. 25 random V1 cards, some sealed products given by Sauron.
4th. 12 random V1 cards.
Last edited by marcos on Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard
Posts: 2556
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:30 pm

Re: MECCG GCCG World Championships 2011 (Dec. 09-10)

Post by Bandobras Took » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:32 pm

Can the loser get a crappy info line in their /whois? ;)
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

You probably aren't playing Fallen Wizards correctly.

marcos
Posts: 2010
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:41 pm
Location: Córdoba, Argentina

Re: MECCG GCCG World Championships 2011 (Dec. 09-10)

Post by marcos » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:30 pm

that can be doable, sure :P

zirilan
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:56 pm
Location: c:\

Re: MECCG GCCG World Championships 2011 (Dec. 09-10)

Post by zirilan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:03 am

Bandobras Took wrote:Can the loser get a crappy info line in their /whois? ;)
Wow! thats the best prize of them all! :lol:
:D

User avatar
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard
Posts: 2556
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:30 pm

Re: MECCG GCCG World Championships 2011 (Dec. 09-10)

Post by Bandobras Took » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:12 am

I think something along the lines of 2011 GCCG LOSER!
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

You probably aren't playing Fallen Wizards correctly.

Sauron
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:27 pm

Re: MECCG GCCG World Championships 2011 (Dec. 09-10)

Post by Sauron » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:05 pm

marcos wrote:RULES

Normal general opponent 2-deck official tournament rules. Proxies allowed. Note that time limit is extended to 90 minutes instead of the normal CoL policy of 80 minutes, this is in compensation for those players who aren't used to the GCCG interface.
Do you think the 10mins will really matter? I would assume most people know how to use gccg at this point. We don't give new players in real life tournaments 10 mins extra.

User avatar
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard
Posts: 2556
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:30 pm

Re: MECCG GCCG World Championships 2011 (Dec. 09-10)

Post by Bandobras Took » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:13 pm

It can also compensate for poor connection speed, etc.

It will also give the judge more time to investigate stalling complaints. :)
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

You probably aren't playing Fallen Wizards correctly.

marcos
Posts: 2010
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:41 pm
Location: Córdoba, Argentina

Re: MECCG GCCG World Championships 2011 (Dec. 09-10)

Post by marcos » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:25 pm

Sauron wrote:
marcos wrote:RULES

Normal general opponent 2-deck official tournament rules. Proxies allowed. Note that time limit is extended to 90 minutes instead of the normal CoL policy of 80 minutes, this is in compensation for those players who aren't used to the GCCG interface.
Do you think the 10mins will really matter? I would assume most people know how to use gccg at this point. We don't give new players in real life tournaments 10 mins extra.
Yes, i think it will matter.
It can also compensate for poor connection speed, etc.

It will also give the judge more time to investigate stalling complaints.
exactly

Sauron
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:27 pm

Re: MECCG GCCG World Championships 2011 (Dec. 09-10)

Post by Sauron » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:15 pm

marcos wrote:
Sauron wrote:
marcos wrote:RULES

Normal general opponent 2-deck official tournament rules. Proxies allowed. Note that time limit is extended to 90 minutes instead of the normal CoL policy of 80 minutes, this is in compensation for those players who aren't used to the GCCG interface.
Do you think the 10mins will really matter? I would assume most people know how to use gccg at this point. We don't give new players in real life tournaments 10 mins extra.
Yes, i think it will matter.
It can also compensate for poor connection speed, etc.

It will also give the judge more time to investigate stalling complaints.
exactly
And for those used to gccg this is giving them an advantage. You might be able to push out that extra turn that you wouldn't normally.

marcos
Posts: 2010
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:41 pm
Location: Córdoba, Argentina

Re: MECCG GCCG World Championships 2011 (Dec. 09-10)

Post by marcos » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:25 pm

Sorry, i won't change my mind. GCCG champs has always been played with 90 mins limit because of the above mentioned reasons and i don't think that should change.

User avatar
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard
Posts: 2556
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:30 pm

Re: MECCG GCCG World Championships 2011 (Dec. 09-10)

Post by Bandobras Took » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:47 am

I can picture one or two bizarre circumstances where that advantage will change the course of the tournament, and will promptly notify marcos if they occur. ;)
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

You probably aren't playing Fallen Wizards correctly.

Smaug
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:30 am
Location: Germany

Re: MECCG GCCG World Championships 2011 (Dec. 09-10)

Post by Smaug » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:14 pm

Hi guys,
if we play Sa the 10th of Dec. and So the 11th of Dec. you can count me in. funny nobody relised the wrong date til now :-)

marcos
Posts: 2010
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:41 pm
Location: Córdoba, Argentina

Re: MECCG GCCG World Championships 2011 (Dec. 09-10)

Post by marcos » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:02 pm

Hi Guys, my PC is broken so i won't be able to host the tourney this weekend. It will have to be postponed/ cancelled, unless someone else is willing to organize it. I'm sorry.

User avatar
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard
Posts: 2556
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:30 pm

Re: MECCG GCCG World Championships 2011 (Dec. 09-10)

Post by Bandobras Took » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:35 pm

I'm willing to wait.
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

You probably aren't playing Fallen Wizards correctly.

marcos
Posts: 2010
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:41 pm
Location: Córdoba, Argentina

Re: MECCG GCCG World Championships 2011 (Dec. 09-10)

Post by marcos » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:05 pm

i just bought a new hard disk, maybe i get it fixed today. We'll see...

Post Reply

Return to “GCCG”