Gccg Championships 2009 (Planning)

Events taking place on GCCG.
wigy
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Johannesburg
Contact:

Post by wigy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:26 am

Rules addition: maybe i also ban Balrog from the event to give better change for poor fw-underdogs (and avoid making yet another rules check for Gccg :P)

I'll try to write these rules and schedule for whole event this coming weekend.

wigy
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Johannesburg
Contact:

Post by wigy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:36 am

I revised rules for Challenger qualification: first criteria is personal score in FWSLC and after that comes ranking. It is for revenge after all!

However, for sorting players to slots M1-M4 i use total of both.

wigy
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Johannesburg
Contact:

Post by wigy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:52 am

And yet another clarification: Challengers can make only ONE deck. So, you can play Sauron but if you face minion opponent, you must use the same deck and play no avatar at all.

I think if i have time to tune Challenger rules, i'll ban Sauron/Lidless Eye to make it straightforward.

Manuel
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:31 am

Post by Manuel » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:43 am

I will be busy on friday but I will definately do my best to play on saturday and sunday :)

wigy
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Johannesburg
Contact:

Post by wigy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:31 pm

I got time to add rules for that, so i banned Sauron and Lidless Eye completely from that format.

Still looking for 1 FW and 2 Minion Challenger....

Smaug
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:30 am
Location: Germany

Still minion challenger wanted?

Post by Smaug » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Hi wigy,

if you do not have enough mionion challengers from FWCup player, I could play! :roll:

Cheeers

Heiner

wigy
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Johannesburg
Contact:

About tickets

Post by wigy » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:43 pm

I found fatal mistake in the ticket rewards. It is very contradictory with the idea of playing just for fun. Some might (understandable) aim to good and powerful deck to get more tickets. I'll reverse the reward plan and simplify it to the following:

Everyone participating and playing the matches scheluded for them gets two tickets. Plain and simple. One ticket goes to final lottery.

This thread is getting a bit scattered, since i've been changing and changing rules after new ideas come to me. I try tomorrow to collect full summary of the complete rules.

STILL looking for one minion challenger....

marcos
Posts: 2010
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:41 pm
Location: Córdoba, Argentina

Re: About tickets

Post by marcos » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:48 pm

wigy wrote:I found fatal mistake in the ticket rewards. It is very contradictory with the idea of playing just for fun. Some might (understandable) aim to good and powerful deck to get more tickets. I'll reverse the reward plan and simplify it to the following:

Everyone participating and playing the matches scheluded for them gets two tickets. Plain and simple. One ticket goes to final lottery.

This thread is getting a bit scattered, since i've been changing and changing rules after new ideas come to me. I try tomorrow to collect full summary of the complete rules.

STILL looking for one minion challenger....
that is for FWSCC or champs as well?

wigy
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Johannesburg
Contact:

Re: About tickets

Post by wigy » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:56 pm

marcos wrote:that is for FWSCC or champs as well?
Oh, challenge cup only. Champs are of course run as serious as ever including never ending flame war and physical threatening afterwards and during the event.

marcos
Posts: 2010
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:41 pm
Location: Córdoba, Argentina

Re: About tickets

Post by marcos » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:30 pm

wigy wrote:
marcos wrote:that is for FWSCC or champs as well?
Oh, challenge cup only. Champs are of course run as serious as ever including never ending flame war and physical threatening afterwards and during the event.
cool, i'll throw shit on your face and kick your butt when i win SA lottery ;)

Alter Tuk
Posts: 453
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:20 pm
Location: Germany

Re: About tickets

Post by Alter Tuk » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:21 pm

wigy wrote:Champs are of course run as serious as ever including never ending flame war and physical threatening afterwards and during the event.
Shit. I`ll be busy and cant participate...... :?

But I`ll show up later to flame a bit. :twisted:
[url=http://gccg.sourceforge.net/]Come to GCCG or die a lonely death.[/url]

wigy
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Johannesburg
Contact:

Re: About tickets

Post by wigy » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:42 pm

marcos wrote:cool, i'll throw shit on your face and kick your butt when i win SA lottery ;)
Sounds like a plan! I think you can start packing. You can put some decks(2) in just in case. I gave up educating people here and took my cards back to Finland last trip. All geeks lives in Cape Town, not Johannesburg. I sent Bert instructions how to modify code to make our agreed arrangement with the lottery to became successful.

wigy
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Johannesburg
Contact:

Post by wigy » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:05 am

I collected bits and pieces together and wrote rules for Challenge Cup:

http://www.akustiko.fi/~wigy/meccg/fwscc.php

I slighly streamlined ordering of players and it probably doesn't affect us.

Alter Tuk
Posts: 453
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:20 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Alter Tuk » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:14 pm

Are minions allowed to use White Hand hazards in deck?
[url=http://gccg.sourceforge.net/]Come to GCCG or die a lonely death.[/url]

marcos
Posts: 2010
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:41 pm
Location: Córdoba, Argentina

Post by marcos » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:14 pm

Alter Tuk wrote:Are minions allowed to use White Hand hazards in deck?
last time i checked legality in GCCG WH hazards were not allowed

Post Reply

Return to “GCCG”