New Charter Revision - 2018

Announcements & discussion; open to non-members.
the Jabberwock
Council Chairman

New Charter Revision - 2018

Post by the Jabberwock » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:45 am

Hello everyone!

An update to The Charter has been overdue and I have spent time in recent months working on a re-write. I have attached a revision to the Charter below for everyone's review, titled "CoE Charter 2018." Please take a few minutes to give it a read. I have also attached the current version of The Charter if you care to compare the two, titled "CoE Charter 2011."

There are a number of important updates in my revision, which I feel are necessary to both adjust our expectations to the current MECCG environment, provide more structure and organization to the Council, as well as to meet the desires of the community going into the future.

This topic (and vote) is not restricted to Council Members, and is open to all community forum members. Please post here with any feedback you have.

There will be a 2 week period for review and discussion (starting now), followed by a 1 week voting period.

Thanks for your help and commitment to MECCG!

CoE Charter 2018.pdf
(76.06 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
CoE Charter 2011.pdf
(62.82 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

Theo

Re: New Charter Revision - 2018

Post by Theo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:32 am

Interesting.

www.councilofelrond.org/forum should be updated to forum.councilofelrond.org

the Jabberwock
Council Chairman

Post by the Jabberwock » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:30 am

Theo wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:32 am
Interesting.

www.councilofelrond.org/forum should be updated to forum.councilofelrond.org
Great catch! I have updated the document! Thanks!

Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Post by Bandobras Took » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:50 pm

Regarding the ROC -- "Once each year, members of the ROC will pull suggestions from this subforum which are deemed to have reasonable support and logic."

Presumably, it would be the members of that committee agreeing on which ones to select, or does it mean that any member of the committee can bring something forward?
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

You probably aren't playing Fallen Wizards correctly.

the Jabberwock
Council Chairman

Post by the Jabberwock » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:48 pm

Bandobras Took wrote: Presumably, it would be the members of that committee agreeing on which ones to select, or does it mean that any member of the committee can bring something forward?
The former. The members of the ROC would confer and make a joint decision on which suggestions to include on the docket.

rezwits

Post by rezwits » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:36 am

Hey jabber, the document looks good, I mean the only thing that bugs is to consistently choose, using either meccg, ME:CCG, ME:ccg, or MECCG. I go with MECCG personally, unless doing a eBay search (then meccg) haha.

I guess the only thing I would adjust would be the part that says "The number of seats up for election each election shall be eight". It just reads a little rough or clumsy. Maybe something like "The number of seats up for election shall be eight, every election" IDK.

All in all the document is concise and clear.

The changes I recommended are kinda minuscule, to the whole composition, i.e. it all looks GREAT!!

Laters...
You probably aren't playing Agents correctly 8) <- need a rule thread for this tho...

the Jabberwock
Council Chairman

Post by the Jabberwock » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:02 am

rezwits wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:36 am
Hey jabber, the document looks good, I mean the only thing that bugs is to consistently choose, using either meccg, ME:CCG, ME:ccg, or MECCG. I go with MECCG personally, unless doing a eBay search (then meccg) haha.

I guess the only thing I would adjust would be the part that says "The number of seats up for election each election shall be eight". It just reads a little rough or clumsy. Maybe something like "The number of seats up for election shall be eight, every election" IDK.

All in all the document is concise and clear.

The changes I recommended are kinda minuscule, to the whole composition, i.e. it all looks GREAT!!

Laters...
Thanks for your feedback and support! I have updated the language to address your comments! Much appreciated!

Return to “Town Hall”