MECCG at Gateway 2018/LAX on Labor Day Weekend!

TradewindRider

MECCG at Gateway 2018/LAX on Labor Day Weekend!

Post by TradewindRider » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:05 am

Greetings All,

Am pleased to announce that there will be MECCG at the Strategicon/Gateway 2018 over the Labor Day weekend, 1-2 Sept 2018, at the Hilton Hotel beside the Los Angeles International Airport! This is the schedule for MECCG events, though we can be flexible depending on attendance and the players' wishes:

- Saturday, 1 Sept: 11:00 AM-3:00 PM - Open/Casual Games.
- Saturday, 1 Sept: 3:00-7:00 PM - Multi-Player Hero Arda.
- Sunday, 2 Sept: 10:00 AM-2:00 PM - Open/Casual Games.
- Sunday, 2 Sept: 2:00-6:00 PM - Multi-Player Hero Arda.

Please message back to let us know if you'll be attending, so we can prepare accordingly. It will be an awesome weekend--looking forward to seeing everyone!

TradewindRider

P.S.

(1) The location of Gateway 2018 is: Hilton Los Angeles Airport, 5711 W Century Blvd., Los Angeles, California 90045.
(2) Here is the link for the convention: http://www.strategicon.net/index.php?goto=cp

CDavis7M

Re: MECCG at Gateway 2018/LAX on Labor Day Weekend!

Post by CDavis7M » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:29 pm

Hi Tradewind. Thanks for pointing me in this direction. I'm within a 2 hour drive of Hilton LAX so I'm thinking to go to one of the days. Saturday would be better than Sunday, right?

FYI, I haven't ever played a "real" game of MECCG. Currently working on putting together a couple METW only decks to practice with.

Goblin King

Post by Goblin King » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:05 am

I'm sure there will also be a set of the pre-constructed decks around so don't feel pressure to build your own deck CDavis7M. Also ARDA is a great way to learn the basic rules of the game. We have many new players sit down and play ARDA on the first day and then on the second day they are able to pilot a reconstructed deck on their own.

TradewindRider

Post by TradewindRider » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:31 am

Greetings All,

Yes, indeed--Gandalf Gene always has a set of (slightly) pumped up hero challenge decks available to play. Saturday and Sunday are equally good, and a few of us will be there on Friday as well. And I live east of LA with almost a 2-hour drive one way, and am planning to drive in all 3 days--suggest just getting there early to avoid all the traffic going to the beaches.

Also, for anyone driving in, suggest planning ahead and perhaps making reservations for parking ("The Parking Spot" next door is usually where I park, but last Memorial Day it was full and I had to find an alternate).

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

TradewindRider

CDavis7M

Post by CDavis7M » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:18 pm

Thanks for the tip Tradewind. I looked up the reservations and it looks like the cheaper uncovered parking option is already sold out at "The Parking Spot Century" on 5701 W. Century Blvd. The slightly more expensive covered option is still available. I'm going to go ahead and make reservations. It seems like reservations can be conveniently canceled, which is nice.

The FAQ says:
How do I change or cancel a reservation?
First, click here to search for your reservation using your confirmation number or by signing in to your Spot account. You will then be able to change or cancel your reservation... Reservations may be changed or canceled up to 1 hour before check-in.

Return to “USA MECCG Community”